Benefits of Geriatric Care Manager
Geriatric care managers provide services in the client’s home—wherever that may be— and their services are:
- Personalized and compassionate service — focusing on the individual’s wants and needs.
- Accessibility — care is typically available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continuity of care management – communications are coordinated between family members, doctors and other professionals, and service providers.
- Cost containment — inappropriate placements, duplication of services, and unnecessary hospitalizations are avoided.
Do You Need A Geriatric Care Manager?
When caregiving for an aging family member becomes overwhelming, it may be time to contact a geriatric care manager. You may need a geriatric care manager if:
- The person you are caring for lives in another city or state.
- The person you are caring for has multiple medical or psychological issues.
- The person you are caring for is unable to live safely in his/her current environment.
- You need direction about available services.
- You are confused about care solutions.
- You have limited time and/or expertise in dealing with your loved ones’ chronic care needs.
- Your family is at odds regarding care decisions.
- Your family needs education and/or direction in dealing with behaviors associated with dementia.
Courtesy of Approved Home Health